Jackson S. Utah

Supreme

This is a letter about the Supreme Court Appointment nominations.

I am a senior at a quaint catholic high school in Salt Lake City, Utah. Fortunately, this year I'll finally be able to vote. I hope that one of the many priorities you have for your first year will be the appointment of judges in the Supreme Court. With President Obama’s nomination of Merrick Garland, it is being held up in the Senate. Many conservative senators not agreeing with the president’s choice of a more liberal judge.

This is an opportunity for the court to be swayed more to the liberals corner rather than on the Republicans side. With Garland coming on to the Supreme Court Justice the Democrats will be be able to pass laws regarding abortion, gay marriage, and gun control easily. These topics have become of recent debate in the last few years in the United States. Each of these topics have meaning to me whether through my family or my own personal views.

With each of the main points that the democrats want to enforce more, they resonate about how I am and what I stand for. When I hear about one of these in an article or the t.v. I think of someone I know that has been personal affected by these issues. Overall when looking at who is chosen by any presidential nominee, look at facts of who has better judgement when making huge decisions under intense pressure. And also when you decide to think about who you chose to appoint to the supreme court, think more about the lives you'll affect rather than what your party tells you to do.

Sincerely, Jackson

Judge Memorial

Judge Memorial-Jeffreys

Students enrolled in AP English Language and Composition at Judge Memorial Catholic High School in Salt Lake City, Utah.