Cy A. Utah

Be a Good Person

The president should be a role model for all of us.

My name is Cy Austin and since the recent presidential race, I have grown wary of where this country is headed. Being a very impressionable high school student, as I watch these debates I can’t help but criticize at how each candidate handles themselves. They both think it’s okay to be on national television and argue like children.

I am not old enough to vote in this election but I certainly know what I will be looking for in the next one. All policies and financial ideas aside, our president has a very daunting task; however, attacking each other and undermining each other’s credibility is not how a presidential races should be approached. It is quite clear each candidate's strategy is not to talk about their plans if they are elected, but to go after one another.

My challenge to you is be a role model you would want your kids to follow. As the face of this country, our president should be a standard we all should strive to emulate. I know I certainly don’t want my kids looking up to a man that seems to think dismissing his demeaning comments about women as “locker room talk”, or a woman whose campaign has been punctuated by lies and scandal. Now more than ever, this country is calling for a genuine, kind-hearted individual that is ready to lead a large group of diverse individuals. I know that’s the spot you’re called to fulfill.

Cy Austin

Judge Memorial

Judge Memorial-Jeffreys

Students enrolled in AP English Language and Composition at Judge Memorial Catholic High School in Salt Lake City, Utah.