Rami New York

Pollution

Funding needs to start so we can start cleaning our water.

Pollution and Deforestation have become a very serious issue. Over 1 million seabirds and 100,000 sea mammals are killed by pollution every year. We are literally killing the Earth day by day, and we are doing nothing to help it, only killing it more.

The article “Pollution Facts and Types of Deforestation” written by Alina Bradford says that water pollution is a problem to 783 million people. Underwater pollution created from boats and submarines disturb whales' navigation systems and can even kill other sea animals. A few solutions for these can be making new motors for boats for a “smoother” sound or even lessening boat travel. In addition, dangerous chemicals are dumped into rivers, lakes, and oceans killing many sea animals. This can even make drinking water harmful. The Mississippi River carries 1.5 metric tons of nitrogen pollution going into the Gulf Of Mexico each year. To help fix this, we can clean our water supply every 1 to 3 months with filters. This would help clean the water and lessen the probability of sea animals choking and dying.

Seven million people die annually because of air pollution. Air pollution in China actually changes weather patterns in the USA because the jet stream carries all the pollutants over to America. Migration is also disturbed by light pollution and streetlights confuse newly hatched sea turtles and make birds sing at unusual times. This is important because it disrupts natural rhythm for the animals. They also become confused because they don’t know when to start chirping or migrating.

Humans, and animals are affected by all of this, too. Animals eat the trash we throw in the water and on land and die. In addition, the water becomes too dirty to swim and fish in.

According to the article "Deforestation- Effects on Air Pollution," 18 million acres of trees are cut each year. Every single acre will affect air quality even if we are thousands of miles away. Even the burning of fossil fuels hurt and warm up our atmosphere making global warming even worse. Bad air quality affects everyone. To help solve this, we can use air purifiers to clean the air from toxins. Businesses are starting to plant 2 to 3 trees for every tree they cut.

Day by day we continue to trash and ruin our only place to live. Every day, people and animals die due to pollution. We have to act now before it is too late. To close up this letter, I suggest that we start cleaning our water and use air purifiers more often. This may not fully solve the problems, but doing this is better than doing nothing and will help.

Rami