Ryan S. Minnesota

A Quality Education For All

In 1980, under 10% of US citizens had a 4-year college degree by the age 25. We need to raise this percentage, and create a way that is affordable, as well as timely.

Every citizen of the US should have a quality, affordable education because among children born into low-income families in the early 1980s, under 10 percent had earned a four-year degree by age 25. This matters because it shows that very few people in the US have a quality education, and that the US isnโ€™t doing anything to change this. The people affected would be the citizens of the United States of America, and the primary need would be a quality education for all to have a chance to succeed in life. A quality education should be the priority of our future president because it would increase our knowledge of our citizens, and create a better, more intelligent country. Also, it would solve many of our countries problems, with more intelligent citizens the could contribute their knowledge to science, and other beneficial programs.

It is important for citizens of the United States to have a quality, affordable education. Among children born into low-income families in the early 1980s, under 10 percent had earned a four-year degree by age 25. This matter because it shows how many people that have a low income have a bad education, when they could have potential, when they have education. Secondly, having a quality education is beneficial to our country, because it can increase our intelligence in the average US citizen, creating a more well informed, and educated country that can contribute their knowledge to helpful programs. In 2010, the U.S. spent 39 percent more per full-time student for elementary and secondary education than the average for other countries in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. This matters because it can improve our country in many ways such as scientific knowledge, and just a more intelligent country. In conclusion, the education and quality of it in the United States can be both beneficial, and a very smart decision. This is because it can improve the intelligence level of the average US citizen, and help expand our researches nationwide.

Having a quality education is very expensive, and could take a long time for this to come into action. In 1990, the quality education act started funding schools around the country, which shows how long these people have been acting on this situation. Also, in the document, it states that they have a spending budget, which has to be proportionally spread out to all of the schools that they are funding, in order to provide each student with an even education. This matters because we need the citizens to be at the same level of education, in order for them to be able to acti in our society.

The future president should start a program that could raise money, like a fundraiser, and use the money provided by state, to go back to the state in education spendings. The global goal connected would be goal #6, Quality education for all. This would help the United Nations initiative because it could improve knowledge worldwide, and help us with global problems, and how we can solve them. Also, it could help countries around the world with economic problems, and how to stabilize its budgets. This is a priority for the next president because it can improve the education of the average US student, and create a chance for them to succeed in life, as well as benefit our society by contributing their knowledge to scientific programs nationwide.

Chaska Middle School East

Mrs. Johnson's 8th Grade Global Studies

Global Studies class letters connecting national issues to the UN's Global Goals.