Preston N. Texas

TECH IN SCHOOLS

If the schools allowed more funding for technology... the world would be a better place.

Dear Future President

Imagine a world where the children of the world were able to use the latest tech and learn with it.. Then imagine a world where the schools instructed the next generation how to use it and improve it. There would be so many advances in technology and science that all of the world would be revolutionized. If the schools allowed more funding for technology, tech would have students actively participate , helps them prepare for the real world, and makes them smarter.

If the schools had more technology, than the students would take more part in the lesson and actively participate. As a student myself, I know that once I start using the computers to do my work, I just don't want to stop. Using technology is fun. As Janelle Cox says, “Students prefer technology because they believe that it makes learning more interesting and fun. They especially like laptops and tablets. Subjects that students deem challenging or boring can become more interesting with virtual lessons, through a video, or when using a tablet.” (Benefits of Tech) With this type of careful use of technology, we can introduce this form of learning into the classroom. Without tech, students tend to let their minds wander, along with their care for the right answer. Using tech make students think more about the their future and then they want to sit up, turn around, and join in on the conversation.

Using technology in schools helps students prepare for the real world in multiple different ways. The world in revolutionizing the way that we travel, work, and play. If the schools are still using the same lessons from 1989, than the next generation will act like it's 1989 and the country will always be stuck in limbo. Using technology in school helps the students prepare for the jobs that will come with the skill of fluently using computers. “Teaching with emerging technologies (tablets, iPads, Smart Boards, digital cameras, computers), while students are using advanced technology to shape how they learn, by embracing and integrating technology in the classroom, we are setting our students up for a successful life outside of school.” (10 Reasons) “CompTIA’s study showed that 9 out of 10 students indicated that using technology in the classroom would help prepare them for the digital future.” Studies have repeatedly shown that students who use technology will not only fit in with the rest of the world, tech will help them make the future brighter.

Using technology will make students much more intelligent. Using technology make students feel attuned and yet thrilled, the same that you would feel if you were using something new for the first time. Once they use technology, they remember it. “Eighteen 2nd grade students were challenged to complete a Power Point project about an animal. Sixteen out of the 18 students remembered more facts about the animal after completing the presentation. These results show that technology indeed helps students remember what they learn.” (Tech Memory) students are getting smarter and smarter and if we chose to boost their education than we will be an educated nation, creating the future.

A student who deeply cares about his education.

Teachers, By Teachers For. "Benefits of Tech" TeachHUB. N.p., Summer 2010. Web. 04 Nov. 2016

Teachers, By Teachers For. "Tech Memory" TeachHUB. N.p., Summer 2010. Web. 04 Nov. 2016

Networks, Secure Edge. "10 Reasons" 10 Reasons Today's Students NEED Technology in the Classroom. N.p., May-June 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.