Jennifer L. Texas

Immigrants should have a chance at a free healthy life.

November 1 2016

Dear, Future President of the United States,

Imagine a world where the was no such thing as deportation.

Imagine a world where everyone was free to practice whatever religion they want.

Imagine a world where there was no homelessness and everyone had jobs.

There are many immigrants around the world that are currently homeless because they couldn't cross to the United States. Your policies should include a life plan for immigrants coming to the United States

Deportation is one of the biggest problems in the United States currently. Even though a lot of people think that deportation is a good thing. “In 1990, immigrants accounted for 7.9 percent of the population; by 2015, that share had risen to 13.7 percent” (Immigrants and Immigration ). If this is how many immigrants there were in 2015 than immagine now. Immigrants make up more than half of the population. I believe that everyone immigrating should get a chance at a free life.

A lot of people immigrate because they want freedom of religion. People want to have the rights to practice whatever religion they want. However sometimes this is not allowed where they live so they immigrate to be able to express themselves. A lot of people think that religion brings a marriage and family closer. “When asked about what kinds of things are important for a successful marriage, 44% of adults say shared religious beliefs are “very important.” ( Religion in Families). This shows that a lot of people immigrating are doing it for a good cause.

Another huge cause for immigration is lack of jobs in the countries they are immigrating from. This causes the people to want to come to a larger country with more available jobs. The defective side to this is that the more immigrants there are the less jobs that there will be. However I think that if a program is established with certain jobs for immigrants than it would make it easier for the country. Usually immigrants have to work in jobs that no one else is willing to work in. “Migrant workers often work longer hours and for lower salaries, and while that is controversial, sometimes exploitive, it benefits the host country”(Immigrant work). Immigrants should have the right to work at any job they want and with the same salary as the other people. However this might affect the country because almost all immigrants are not legal.

Also immigrants can have bad intentions and bring illegal drugs and weapons. “Concerns about illegal immigration can spill over to ill-feelings towards the majority of immigrants who are law-abiding and contributing to the economy”. (Immigration)

Immigrants are humans too after all and they all deserve a chance at freedom and happiness. The United States needs a program in order for immigrants to have good jobs and get money so that they can become legal.

1 About." Urban Institute. Ed. Charmaine Runes. N.p., 25 Apr. 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016. <http://www.urban.org/policy-centers/cross-center-initiatives/program-immigrants-and-immigration/about>.

2 Mitchell, Travis. "2. Religion in Marriages and Families." Pew Research Centers Religion Public Life Project RSS. N.p., 26 Oct. 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016. <http://www.pewforum.org/2016/10/26/religion-in-marriages-and-families/>.

3 "Immigration." - Global Issues. Anup Shah, 26 May 2008. Web. 04 Nov. 2016. <http://www.globalissues.org/article/537/immigration>.

4 "Immigration." - Global Issues. Anup Shah, 26 May 2008. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.