Aiden G. Texas

Drug Abuse

Drug abuse is dangerous and is doing bad things to our society.

Dear The Future President of United States,

Imagine a world where people are allowed to do, take, and sell drugs. Drugs are deadly, and many drugs kill people. Drugs do very bad things to your body. Drugs also affect what you do, if you want drugs you would spend all your money trying to get it or do crimes. Last, alcohol is like a drug which affects you like a drug.

People smoke around 1 pack of cigarettes a day. That is 20 cigarettes in one day. If one pack is $5, and if you smoke everyday, you’re losing $1,825 if you buy one pack a day. Smoking is also bad for your body. Smoking can cause lung cancer and asthma is you inhale or smoke too much. Smoking can cause life long damage to your lungs. Tobacco and smoking have a number of negative effects including to a person's health, their financial situation, and the environment.(Tobacco) It’s not easy to stop smoking. A new study showed that almost 70 percent of American smokers want to quit, and more than half tried last year, but only 6 percent succeeded.(Drug Free)

Drugs affect what the your mind and body does. People that do drugs usually break the law some how. In 2013, an estimated 24.6 million Americans aged 12 or older had used an illegal drug in the past month. This number is up from 8.3 percent in 2002. The increase mostly reflects a recent rise in use of marijuana, the most commonly used illegal drug.(National Trends) Drug abusers usually start doing drugs when they are under the age of 18. They get addicted to it when they are young and as they get older their body gets used to taking it, so when they try to stop, they aren’t able to.

Alcohol is dangerous if you start to drink it at a young age. A young person’s body cannot handle alcohol the same way an adult can. Drinking is more harmful to teens than adults because their brains are still developing into young adulthood. Drinking during this critical growth period can lead to lifelong damage in brain function, particularly as it relates to memory, ability to move, and and coordination. According to research, young people who begin drinking before age 15 are four times more likely to develop alcohol dependence than those who begin drinking at age 21.(Drug Free World) Car crashes usually happen when there are drunk drivers. You lose balance when you are intoxicated. Police officers make you walk in a straight line to test if you are intoxicated because your balance is all messed up when you are intoxicated.

Now, imagine a world without drugs and alcohol or cigarettes. Our world wouldn’t have as much death, poverty, and deadly car crashes. Having a world without any of this world solve many problems we have in the world today.

Works Cited:

(Drug free world)

"Watch Truth About Drugs Documentary Video & Learn About Substance Addiction. Get The Facts About Painkillers, Marijuana, Cocaine, Meth & Other Illegal Drugs." Foundation for a Drug-Free World. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

(Drug Free)

"70 Percent of Smokers Want to Quit." Partnership for Drug-Free Kids. N.p., 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

(Nationwide Trends)

"Nationwide Trends." DrugFacts:. N.p., June 2015. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

(Tobacco)

"Tobacco." - Global Issues. N.p., 5 Jan. 2014. Web. 04 Nov. 2016