Charles Colorado

President

It's about the borders

Today America still is a nation built up of many different people from all over the world. We are a nation of huge diversity. Seeing how our nation was built from people all over the world and grew because new people would come. But today America’s refugee assistance could be our downfall. So you have to make the hard decision of closing borders and saying no till we can vet terrorist type people.

A refugee, as defined by Section 101 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, is a person who is unable or unwilling to return to his or her home country because of a “well-founded fear of persecution” due to race, membership in a particular social group, political opinion, religion, or national origin. Last year the United States took in 70,000 refugees. 35.1% came from Near East/South Asia, 32.1% came from Africa, and 26.4 came from east Asia. Before admission to the United States, each refugee must undergo an extensive interviewing. According to the American Immigrant Council.

From the years 1980 to present day America has been threatened and attacked by terrorist organizations a total of 12 times. Two of the most memorable being the bombing at the World Trade Center and then the fateful day of 9/11 a few years later. These have both occurred do to policy in helping refugees. I want to talk about the hard decision of closing the country, till we can find a way to protect our people first. I know this is a hard decision, a decision making us hypocrites because a nation of refugees must not let anymore in. But if we don't, everything that our soldiers have fought to protect will seem pointless. Why fight if my family, my nations people still are dying?

I know this will be hard to do and say no to people in need of our help. To be the nation that closed our gates. But right now America is facing its own problems and right now we need to close up and figure out our problems. In the very near future hopefully we can reopen our borders and be the nation that can help all people and support many refugees.

With Regards,

Charles Bashore