Jordan H. Montana

Issues with jobs and immigration

I provide problems with job availability and some how immigration is effecting it.

Dear, President

An issue that is present in America today is jobs and the availability of said jobs. My fear of graduating high school or college is that there won’t be a job available for me. I want to be certain that I will be able to do the job that best fits what I want to do and will be able to acquire it as easily as possible. Currently there are tons of reasons that people can’t get jobs. The taxes on businesses are rising and I think it is causing corporations to be reluctant in hiring new employees. Another thing is with the welcoming of all these refugees and the influxation of illegal immigrants is just adding more people to look for a job.

I believe that if we are going to get more jobs into circulation we need to start by helping out small businesses and tax them less at least temporarily. Give them a solid foundation to stand on so they can grow and thrive. I believe that with less small businesses jobs are becoming more and more scarce. I have a friend right now just out of college and can’t find a job for computer programming and he graduated almost a year ago. If we can promote more small businesses and have more growth of these jobs it would help and benefit the economy too. The easiest way to promote small business is make it easier to start it, so I believe that the best way we can do just that is lower taxes for the businesses temporarily maybe for their first and see where that takes them.

The amount of illegal immigrants coming into the country and being set free is astounding. My father was actually a border patrol officer and the stories i’ve heard his last few years on the job were kinda heartbreaking. He would tell me that if he caught an illegal immigrant that he would usually have to release them because they didn’t have a criminal record or for some other impractical reason. I feel that if you are in this country illegally no matter what you should be deported. I might sound cynical but why should someone who is here illegally have the same opportunities as me? If I am applying for a job here in the United States and someone who isn’t here legally also is and gets the job not only would It be a major put down but I would also still be unemployed. That person shouldn’t receive the job without proof of residency. We need to have stricter borders and make sure we are deporting anyone who isn’t here legally.

The way we can ensure that Americans are getting jobs is first make sure that the ones getting the jobs are Americans. Plus adding more small businesses in areas that need them would benefit all of America and the economy and provide more jobs for the communities. I want to make sure that when I graduate in 2017 that I can get a great start on my life. I need help making sure that the job I want will be available when it comes time to start applying.

Jordan H

Billings Public Library

TE - Billings, MT

TE - Billings, MT