Maribel A. Colorado

Minimum Wages

Everybody deserves a chance to have a good wage.

Dear Sir or Madam,

This letter is regarding to the issues on the minimum wages and the homeless. I know that life is not fair and there are people that have more advantages than others, but some people are born into low income families. People shouldn’t have to be begging for money because they don’t make enough. People have low wages which means they don’t have enough to pay for all of their expenses. According to The Coloradoan, a household must earn more than $40,000 a year in order to afford rent without paying more than 30 percent of income on housing. Since the minimum wage is $8 an hour, many citizens of Fort Collins make around $16,640 a year. Families are not able to meet the price to live in a home, which causes them to become homeless. In order to decrease the amount of homeless there needs to be a higher minimum wages. If the wages are higher more people will want to work which causes the economy to go up.

Since there are many families becoming homeless because of the minimum wages there would a need for more homeless shelters. People who are disabled and can’t work anymore know don’t have a place to stay at because all of the homeless shelters have been filled up. If you want to avoid the costs of not making any more homeless shelters than there need to be a higher minimum wages. Raising the minimum wages can fix so many problems, like there being less homeless shelters and there be more hardworking people.

Maribel A.