Blake G. Arkansas

School

Students should have an extra day off during the week from school.

Did you know that in the United States, the average person spends 15% to 20% of their lives in school? In my opinion, that is a little too much. With all of the homework, classes, and extracurricular activities, we spend most of our time thinking about school. What makes it even worse is when we get homework on the weekend. We spend so much time doing all these things, we don't get a lot of time to just relax. A student would be considered lucky if he or she did not receive any homework.

I believe you easily fix this problem by giving students an extra day added to our weekend. Three days would be plenty of time to finish all of our homework, study, and still have some free time. If you are concerned about the amount of hours a student will spend in school after the change, you could add an hour to school. Students would spend more time at school during the day, but would have three days off out of the whole week. I truly do believe this is the best solution for this situation. 

Although this would be a hard routine to start, it would be super beneficial to students in America and I can guarantee that you will see improvement in the lives of these students. School could be considered a subject that could cause a lot of stress sometimes you just need to take a break from that stress. That extra day off would the perfect solution to this sort of stress. This could also be a good solution for jobs with long hours too. I know that a job could also cause stress. Only a day could make a difference. 

In conclusion, schools should be shortened down to four days a week instead of five days a week. This would be beneficial as a stress reliever and it would students more time to catch up on anything that they have missed. Not only is it helping the students, but it is also helping the teachers too. This extra day would give them more time to catch up on grading papers, future assignments, and even more time to relax. As future president, I hope that you would take this into consideration and help these busy students. 

Blake Goldman

https://www.reference.com/education/percentage-average-life-american-spent-school-b4bf5e983cdb6f65

Searcy High School

Ms. Simpson's PAP American History Class

Searcy High School Searcy, AR