Kyle Arkansas

Gun Violence & Police Shootings

Dangerous people should not be allowed to own a gun.Police should be better about protecting all people

The number one issue that faces America today, in my eyes, is the issue of guns. I believe that there should be a way to check the people who own guns. I also believe that police need to do a better job protecting all people.

Dangerous people buying guns is one the of the scariest things in our world. People with mental illness or people  who are just plain dangerous should not be allowed to purchase guns. There havebeen so many deaths to people from gun violence in this country. Tragedies that involve guns could easily have been prevented if the right laws were in place. I understand that the second amendment guarantees the right to bear arms, but that doesn't mean we can't do something to protect Americans.

Another big issue that America has is police violence against black people. I understand that most police do their jobs well and keep their people safe, but there have been too many times that innocent black people have been shot and killed by police.Unarmed black people were killed at five times the rate of unarmed white people in 2015. Another distressing fact is that 102 police shootings only 10 have resulted in the officer being charged with a crime.Police need to do a better job understanding and protect black people.

Future President these are the issues that I would like you to tackle first. I hope you will have success as President and I wish you all the best.

Sincerely

Kyle Shanachilubwa