Irvin California

If You Don't Do Anything Many People Will Die

Police brutality is bad for this country.

Dear future President of the United States,

One day my father made the decision to bring me to this country. I am Irvin, a student from Alain Leroy Locke High School. I’m writing today to tell you how the police security can be improved because there is too much violence. Some of the reason why there is too much violence in the street are because of the police violence, racism, and the media does not make this problem importance.

First, I want to talk to you about the police violence because a lot of families are been affected because of the police violence. Also, too many people are dying to the hands of the police, for example the article 6 Latinos killed by US Cops This week and Media Ignored It tell us how “ Melissa Ventura, a 24 years old mother of three, was shot and killed by cops on Tuesday in Yuma.’’ This is important because three kids were orphans because a police officer killed their mother when the police officer's job is to help people, and maintain safe streets. One solution for this problem could be police officers can’t shot people if they don’t represent a menace.

Also, I want to talk to you about racism because here in United States is a lot of racisms. for example a color person have more opportunity to be shot than a white people. for example the article Aren’t more white people than black people killed by police? Yes, but it tell us that “ black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers’’this is important because I am a Latino and I do not feel safe walking at the streets.

You should improve a lot of things in this country if you want to be a good president. I hope you would hear the community and don’t be a President that doesn't care how the community feel,it was a pleasure write to you.

Irvin

Alain LeRoy Locke College Preparatory Academy

Mrs. Rowley's Classes

ELD students at Alain LeRoy Locke High School.