Angel v. Texas

Why we must legalize marijuana

Persuasive letter to the next president to legalize marijuana.

Dear Mr/Mrs President

Imagine a world where cancer patients could have their pain eased. Imagine a place where neurological disorders such as autism could be affected by a cheap and available natural plant. Well that world could exist if you supported the legalization of marijuana. Marijuana can help to relieve the suffering of cancer and it is safer than many legal drugs and drinks. Mr/Mme. President, support the legalization of marijuana.

People with cancer go through a lot of pain and really rough times for a lot of people, and those rough times can cause stress which is unhealthy and can cause sudden death. Marijuana should be legal for this reason. Studies show marijuana can help cure cancer. CNN reports “ marijuana may be a potential cure for certain types of cancer after numerous studies have shown the viability of cannabis”. Studies show that cancer patients lose their appetite which means they don't eat and if they don't eat there is a higher chance of death. If cancer patients use marijuana than their appetite will get bigger and they will want to eat and when they eat it will decrease the chance of cancer patients dying.

Other drugs and drinks that are legal are more dangerous than marijuana. K2 is a drug that is legal in Texas it is also a drug that kills a lot of people even teens. There has never been a single death in history with people smoking marijuana, it is almost impossible to overdose on marijuana. Alcohol beverages such as beer, wine and others are more dangerous than marijuana. Alcohol is addictive it cause 1 million deaths per year, alcohol also cause cancer. Marijuana is non-addictive it has never had any deaths in history and it helps cure cancer. Alcohol is depressant and destroys brain cells, marijuana is anti-depressant and grows brain cells.

this is why you must legalize marijuana, it can help many people and there are so many positive effects to it. congratulation on being our next president good luck.  

sincerly: Angel v.

@herbworthy. "The Effects Of Weed On Your Health." HERB. 17 Sept. 2015. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Fuller, Thomas. "Election May Be a Turning Point for Legal Marijuana." The New York Times. The New York Times, 24 Oct. 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.