Natalia C. New Mexico

I think we should allow some Immigrants to come into the United States for jobs and or school.

My name is Natalia; I am a high school student in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and this topic is important to me because I think Immigration is an issue in the Southwestern part of the United States. I don't think it is okay to come over to the United States illegally, but if you apply for a visa or get a scholarship to study and go to school here, then I think it is okay. Coming into the United States is very risky and dangerous. If you get caught coming in illegally, it is worse than just applying for a visa and waiting for it to get approved, rather than getting put in jail. 

One area that is of great concern to myself is the flow into our country of unauthorized children. In 2016 alone, almost 20,000 unaccompanied children have been caught along the border. I believe that it is more important to help the children who are coming into our country. Whether they are trying to unite with their family or trying to make a better life for themselves. Many Republicans say President Barack Obama has not done enough to stop illegal immigration and is therefor responsible for the surge of unaccompanied minors. Some Democrats, on the other hand, believe that the children should be granted international protection and be allowed to remain in the United States. I believe they should be allowed to stay, if they go to school, get a good education, learn English, and learn about the history of the United States, they should be granted to get a student visa and continue with college. Then after they graduate from college they should be able to become a United States citizen, so they can become productive citizens and live a better life.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I look forward to seeing the changes that you see to our country. 

Sincerely, Natalia