Jaisha S. Mississippi

Police Shootings Must Stop!

A major problem in the United States today is Police Brutality. As you have seen on the news and social media, innocent African Americans are being killed for no reason.

Eric Garner, Micheal Brown Jr. , Tamir Rice, Sandra Bland. All innocent people whose lives have been taken away due to police officers. A major problem in the United States today is Police Brutality. As you have seen on the news and social media, innocent African Americans are being killed for no reason. This has to stop! As a citizen of the United States of America, I would like for you to make police officers wear body cameras and to convict police officers for killing these innocent African Americans. 

For an example, 12-year old Tamir Rice was killed for "supposedly" having a gun, which turned out to be a play gun. This shows that police officers should check before just airing shots at innocent people. Police officers are getting to a point were they just shoot innocent blacks. At least 51.1% of African American men have killed in 2016, according to www.ibtimes.com. Also this proves that the African American percentage is higher than anybody elses. I honestly think police officers just shoot innocent African Americans, because they know they won't get in trouble anyway. Officers should wear body cameras so that people can see what goes on, I think this will decrease the amount of black men killed. 

Two years later after, Tamir Rice's death innocent black men are being killed by officers. When will this ever stop? As of right now it looks like it will never stop. As our President, you should make sure police officers stop killing innocent people. This has to stop. It's sad to wake up every morning and it's another black man getting killed. As a citzens of the United States, our country has to come together and get better.