Ashley R. California

Cyberbullying needs to stop- Ashley R.

Cyberbullying is a big problem in the world. It can cause people to fall in depression, anxiety and even commit suicide, and this needs to stop.

I want to talk to you about a huge problem called cyberbullying, which could cause depression, anxiety and even suicidal thoughts. There has been many people that have committed suicide because of someone telling them mean stuff through the internet. Now bullying is not only in school but it can also be spread in other ways.

Cyberbullying should be stopped because it can cause many people to make wrong decisions due to people who have a lot of free time deciding to waste their time spreading hate through the internet. Studies have shown that nearly 43% of kids have been bullied online and that 1 out of 4 kids have been bullied online more than twice. A lot of victims decide to not tell anybody because they fear something will happen to them.

There's a lot of cyberbullies in social media that don't think about what could happen thank to their rude comments. Amanda Todd is one of the many victims of cyberbullying victims. With her committing suicide, we have proof that cyberbullying just like bullying, can have very bad consequences. 

We all need to do our part to help this cyberbullying problem to come to a stop. I just want to ask for your help to help stop these cyber bullies and help those who have fallen in depression or have anxiety. I hope you take time think about this.

Sincerely, Ashley. 

Lakeview MIddle School

Woods Period 1

This is Ms. Woods's first period class.