Galilea O. California

Black Lives Matter

People In the U.S think its okay to take away black lives . These are my reasons why Black people should be treated as anyone else in this world.

Dear Future President ,

I am writing you this letter because many people have a problem with black lives. People think it's okay to treat colored people differently. I would like for colored people to be treated better. Just because one black person breaks the law , people constantly think everyone in their race is the same. It's a shame to see black people being kicked out of places for their color or being beat up. The police have become a big part of this situation.

On February 26 , 2012 a 17 year old African American teen by the name of Trayvon Martin was shot to death by George Michael Zimmerman. As CNN news tells us ¨Zimmerman shot Martin claiming it was in self defense¨ Zimmerman thought Martin was armed and dangerous , Martin was later said to be walking around a neighborhood as a ¨suspicious person¨.

I'm concerned about African American peoples lives being taken away. Thinking about people being judged by their color is not fair society thinks its okay. When in reality African American people are scared to go out and go to places.

African American lives have been taken away too much. Black lives are a big part of this world. I've seen on the news that in the Trump Rally's black people who support him are being called names being beat up and even being thrown out. It's not fair for African American people to be treated horribly. African American families can be scared to even go out and go out in public. If you can change the way black people lives are being affected that would be great. Please take a moment to realize that all lives matter , thank you.

Sincerely, Galilea O.

Lakeview MIddle School

Woods Period 1

This is Ms. Woods's first period class.