L Michigan

It's Real

Trust me, global warming is real...

Congratulations on becoming the next President of the United States of America. As the next President you have many issues that need your attention. Global warming is one of those issues. Many people put global warming aside as an issue that isn’t important. That is because unlike ISIS and school shootings, the news doesn’t cover global warming. Many people understand global warming and know that it is an issue, but many people don’t know the problems that will arise if we don’t do something. NASA recently wrote an article about global warming listing all of the effects that global warming will cause. If we don’t fix global warming our future means we will have more severe hurricanes, more droughts, sea levels will rise, and the overall temperature of the earth will increase (“The Consequences”). These changes will change the earth and climate from what we know now. Our generation isn’t suppose to ruin the earth for the generations to follow. Being a part of this generation, I want to be able to say that I helped preserve and protect their planet. I am just doing what I would want the generation before me to do. Can I tell you a solution that everyone will agree to? No, I can not do that. However, I do know that we need to find someway to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases that we are releasing. I hope that by bringing global warming to your attention, that you will work to help solve this problem.

Thank you for your consideration. 

"The Consequences of Climate Change." NASA. NASA, n.d. Web. 25 Oct. 2016. 

Okemos High School

Youth Voices

Sharing our ideas with Youth Voices: http://www.youthvoices.live/ and Letters to the Next President 2.0