Joshua Pennsylvania

Sex Ed. In the U.S

The point of Sex Ed is to protect younger adults from potential diseases, miscarriages, and adoptions.

The point of Sex Ed is to protect younger adults from potential diseases, miscarriages, and adoptions. Sadly this is not the case because rate of pregnant teens is rising since 2014. In 2014, a total of 249,078 babies were born to women aged 15–19 years, for a birth rate of 24.2 per 1,000 women in this age group. I think Sex Ed needs to be taught not told because teens don't learn or get told enough about it and the proper way to go about it. Teens do not need to leave out of school for something that is suppose to give you pleasure instead of losing out on living the life of a young adult. I personally think we don’t need those responsibilities that come from not knowing the importance of Sex Education. Roughly one in four girls will become pregnant at least once by their 20th birthday. All states are somehow involved in sex education for public schoolchildren as of March 1, 2016 because of state policies. 24 states and the District of Columbia require public schools teach sex education (21 of which mandate sex education and HIV education). 33 states and the District of Columbia require students receive instruction about HIV/AIDS. It takes more than just talking about this subject in Health. I believe making Sex Ed as a actual class by itself will help make the information taught in it more influential to young adults/teens. A deeper class about Sex Ed would benefit teens!

Sincerely, Joshua Austin