Bella Pennsylvania

Animal Abuse

I ask you to take some time and try to understand that animal abuse is wrong and should be taken care of.

Do you love your pets? Yes, I am sure you do. Imagine if an animal that you loved was abused non-stop for entertainment or profit. I watch a show called “Animal Cops Houston,” and it is about a shelter called the ASPCA in Houston, Texas, and they go to homes and find animals that are abused and neglected. Since they have a warrant, the investigators take them to their veterinary hospital, and they take care of them until they are adopted. This really opened my eyes to all the animals getting neglected and abused. I really would love for people to realize that animal abuse is very common and is not acceptable. Thirty percent of the cases reported to the police today are about animal abuse and animal neglect according to the Humane Society Of America. That’s why I ask you to take some time and try to understand that animal abuse is wrong and should be taken care of. Do you want to see animals suffer or see them enjoy life the fullest?

I was so moved by this topic that I created an infographic to show statistics and important facts about animal abuse. Click on the link below to see it.

https://infograph.venngage.com/publish/60d7611c-62f2-4efe-afdf-60a5425c1615

In conclusion, I think that animals deserve to live a long and happy life just like the rest of us. Just because they are not like us does not mean we can treat them poorly. For this abuse to stop, we as a country have to be willing to make changes for the better. Our country is in your hands now. Are you just going to let this happen, or are you going to do something about it? We can stop animal abuse by doing background checks on people before they adopt an animal. Let's do it together!

Bella C., Pennsylvania