Brooklyn Oklahoma

Illegal Immigration

Illegal immigration is an issue in this country and there are some suggestions to help the issue.

Hello future president of the USA,

Illegal immigration is a problem in the US. 2007 was the year that the population of illegal immigrants in the US was the worst. There was 12.2 million illegal immigrants in 2007, that is 4%. The numbers have gone down a little since then, in 2014 there were 11.1 million, which is 3.5%. These numbers are not as bas as they could be, but they are worse than they could be, and what they should be.

I know as the next US president you will be very busy, but you should be aware that the reasoning for some immigrants is that they want jobs. There are also Legal Americans that need jobs. The unemployment rate of 2014 was 6.6%. In 2011 there were 55,000 illegal immigrants in federal prison and 296,000 in state jails and prisons.

Here are some ideas you could use as the next US president, to make these numbers go down, you could get more security on the US borders. Also you could deport them when they go to prison. Obama has deported over 2.5 million illegal immigrants, he aims to deport the criminals, not the families. I think you should follow Obama, to deport the criminals and not the families.

As next US president I hope you will consider this problem and do something to make it better. Better for the citizens of the United States, like you and me.

Brooklyn Woodard

Classen School of Advanced Studies

Classen SAS 8th Grade English

Students from Ms. Sutton's 8th grade English classes in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.