Yessi Oklahoma

Cyberbullying

Teens and kids are being bullied in social media and school.

Cyberbullying is a big problem around the world, and it is one of the many ways in which teens are being bullied, and it's causing a lot of problems of for many teens and kids and even their families and loved ones.  Kids and teens have been committing suicide after being involved in a cyber bullying and also having suicidal thoughts and depression. Teens and kids are suffering a lot in school and social media, and so many lives are being taken away over cyberbullying. 

Cyber bullying is the use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending hateful messages to the person. Facebook is a very popular site that everyone uses and teens and children have been cyber bullied through it, with bullies posting a lot of bad things about them daily. Cyber bullying can happen in pictures where someone will comment and say negative things. And that's how cyber bullying starts; a bully will post something negative to a teen and it goes everywhere and it makes me sad that a lot teens believe what the bully says and teens believe it.  That's why teens can't be themselves anymore because they're scared because cyber bullying can happen anywhere in social media. 

Cyber bullying can get out of hand, causing teens not going to school for months and having suicidal thoughts. Parents are worried about their children and they have to see a therapist to get some help and tell them about their problems. A lot of kids take medication over depression to make them feel better and be happy. 

Teens and kids have committed suicide because of bullies; it can get to the point where teens can't take it anymore and they have to harm themselves.  I see a lot of teens in my school with cuts on their arms.  It shouldn't be like that; teens should NEVER harm themselves because of bullies or because they're not pretty enough or because bullies hate gays. Being who you really are in general makes the most perfect people. They should do a funding for more anti-bullying programs in schools and have teachers or counselors have talks for people that have been bullied, or have someone to come in the school and have an assembly to talk about cyberbullying and bullying in general telling why is it bad and making teens depressed.

East Central High School - Tulsa

AP Language and Composition (II)

An amazing group of students focused on developing their voices through argumentative writing.