Greg Pennsylvania

Foreign Policy

The foreign policy needs to be revised to address the extremely large problem with everything the United States is involved in around the world.

Dear Mr. or Mrs. President,

Currently we are spending an extremely large amount of money on foreign policies that don't seem to get the results that the population has expected. Since 2001 we've spent over 1.7 trillion dollars on the fighting in the Middle East. There must be a change in the current United States foreign policy to use the resources more effectively and hold other nations accountable. 

There have been many attempts to fight foreign entities that oppose the ideology of the United Nations but there are a few things that must be considered in this fight. First of all, we are the nation leading the fight in every conflict that arises in the world when it comes to terrorism. We need to hold other world leaders accountable in supporting the fight against terrorist organizations like ISIS and Al Queda. We spend a lot more as a country than some other allied nations do. Everyone should be in the fight and no one should be watching from the sidelines. Also, we need to use the money designated for military spending more effectively. The airstrikes and continued pleading for a ceasefire are not speeding the process. Every day more and more civilians are killed in the conflict in the Middle East. One solution is creating an international military combining fighters from all United Nations. This highly trained group could enter the battle and eliminate threats with minimal causalities. This group would be swift and more effective than current ground troops in Syria and Iraq. Though ground troops may be seen by many as ineffective in past attempts by countries it may be the only way to finally end the conflicts in the Middle East.

Respectfully yours,

Greg

Elizabethtown Area High School

2016 Fall Honors World History

A collection of questions, lessons learned, and pressing thoughts from my 2016 Fall Honors World History students at Elizabethtown Area High School to the next President of the United States on the topic of foreign policy and pressing international issues