Kimmy B. Pennsylvania

North Korea

This letter was created to express my concern about the current US relation with North Korea. Another concern is the situation of North Korea possessing Nuclear weapons. This letter should be considered by the potential president when they get in office.

Currently, the US has had tensions with one of the most potentially dangerous countries and dictatorships in the world, North Korea. Many News reports have reported that North Korea is developing their Nuclear technology. And with their hatred of the United States, only bad can come out of this situation. Nuclear weapons are a very useful, but very deadly and having them in the hands of Kim Jong-un is very dangerous. I would like to know, how will you deal with this problem?

This current problem is very similar to the situation when Ronald Reagan became president. Russia and the US were basically holding guns to each other heads and waiting for who was going to pull the trigger first. But Reagan figured out how to beat Russia. He built up our technology and warfare and it scared off Russia. By using knowledge and jump-starting the economy, America was not only able to grow economically, they got Russia of their back. One problem with today, though, is that people are scared to spend money because of the over trillion national debt. But what's a dept mean when the country is endangered? In order to make advances and to even make more money, you need to spend money and most people forget about that.

This issue is important to me because I care about the safety of America and the world. If the world went into a nuclear war, millions and maybe even billions of people could die. Society would become chaos and it could become a nuclear apocalypse. To fix this problem there needs to be action taken. America needs to become the most advanced country military wise. This will scare off countries like North Korea who threaten us and say that they will bomb our mainland.

In conclusion, I hope you take this letter seriously and take action to stop North Korean. Now that you are President, it is your job to protect America. I wish that you take my points into consideration as you start your term.

Kimmy Bucher

Elizabethtown Area High School

2016 Fall Honors World History

A collection of questions, lessons learned, and pressing thoughts from my 2016 Fall Honors World History students at Elizabethtown Area High School to the next President of the United States on the topic of foreign policy and pressing international issues