Damian E. Arizona

We Need to Raise the Minimum Wage!

Minimum Wage is too low.

Some people say the minimum wage should be raised to $15 an hour, while others say it needs to stay at $8 an hour. From my perspective, I agree the minimum wage should be raised to $15 an hour.

In San Francisco, it is kind of hard to pay for something when they are paid $8 an hour. So, because of their high standard of living, they are considering raising it up to $15 an hour. According to the NY Times, journalist Steven Greenhouse, the governor of California, Jerry Brown announced a deal with law makers to raise California’s minimum wage. Also, from what I have read in the same article and I quote, “ Once California and New York go, it is likely other states will follow.”

I agree what they have been saying that they should raise the minimum wage up to $15 an hour because with people that live in a state with a richer economy, they need that extra $7 an hour in their pocket. For one, they need to pay for rent or buy a house. Other people who do not live in the states with a higher standard of living can use that extra money for saving or trying to buy a house and other needs.

Also the other reason it should be raised is that what is some people decides to adopt some kids. And the state don’t helped them with the kids, and they got to do it on their own. Like for example my mom and dad adopted my cousins and the state is not helping them with the kids. Not only my mom and dad have to provide for me, my sister, and my little brother but they got to provide for my cousins to. So that’s why it should be raised because if other families want to adopt they can have the extra money for it and can keep clothes on their back and food on the table.

There are so many other reasons as well. I mean with the minimum wage being raised possibly more people can get jobs that can help them in life. It can help the single parents for their kids. It can help give homes to the homeless and feed the hunger.

So future President, I would like to thank you for taking time and reading this letter. Also I hope you can take this under consideration and raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour. Because this can help everybody in the United States to stay out of poverty. Again I would like to thank you for taking time out your busy day to read my letter. And I really do hope you take this under consideration. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Damian Encinas