Melissa Colorado

Do Not Let Them In

You remember the terrorist attack on Paris in 2015, right? There were 198 Syrian refugees going into Paris on November 10. Four of 198, just two percent, happened to be ISIS soldiers.

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20500

Dear future President:

You remember the terrorist attack on Paris in 2015, right? There were 198 Syrian refugees going into Paris on November 10. Four of 198, just two percent, happened to be ISIS soldiers. They killed 130 people in 202 minutes, just three hours and twenty two minutes. I fear that the Syrian refugee proposals will bring about more acts of terrorism, not only in the United States of America, but across the entire globe.

ISIS suicide bombers were hidden among the Syrian refugees on a boat. I fear many dark days are coming for the United States of America if we go along with the proposal to bring in 110,000 refugees. If we go with the same ratio of four out of 198 from Paris, that is 2,222 out of 110,000 in America. Imagine what 2,222 ISIS soldiers can do in ten minutes with what four did in 202 minutes. I also believe that bringing in the refugee’s will put thousands of American born citizens out of work. It is not America’s fault,as a whole, that the Middle East is having serious terrorism issues, so why put so many other innocent people at risk?

I understand that some people would think it cruel to leave the refugee’s in their own countries to fend for themselves. The population of refugee’s consists of more than half to be children and women. But, children as old as fifteen are being recruited to fight for ISIS and can just as easily be concealed among the Syrian refugee’s. But no kid could kill could they? In 2014, in Ar Raqqah, Syria, five young boys executed five older Kurdish men. February 2016, a Muslim girl at the age of 15, was arrested for attacking a police officer from Germany with a knife. And in February of 2015, ISIS released a new video showing the public their new recruits. Children, they seem to be brainwashing and training to be “Cub Fighters”.

Sincerely

Melissa G.

Wheat Ridge Senior High School

9505 W 32nd Ave

Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 

Wheat Ridge HS

Composition for the College Bound English

Twelfth graders in Colorado