Maya District Of Columbia

Negative Effects of Animal Testing

My letter is about animal testing and negative information that people should know

My name is Maya Rajan and I live in Virginia. I would like to write to you about an issue that is very important to me. Millions of animals are tested in our country for research. The animals are treated terribly and many suffer during the animal testing. When the animals are locked in the cages after they are tested, they feel fear, loneliness, pain, and anxiety. They even are scared when they see a human come up to them and start to panic. I think that you should make animal testing illegal because millions of animals die each year.

In other countries, people have banned animal testing including Europe, India, and Israel. I think we should ban testing on animals here in the United States because so many animals are used for testing for the availability of products for Americans personal hygiene. Here are a couple of suggestions that many Americans, including young adults like myself, could do help bring awareness to this serious issue. I believe it is possible to start a program in my school to who are interested in supporting bans on animal testing. Students could put up posters and spread the word so everyone knows about it and how it is possible to change people's minds about animal testing.

A couple of solutions I believe are possible include Americans should stop buying products that are animal tested. There are also different types of animal research that people do like this woman tested a bird to see if was healthy enough to survive. Some people do different testing on animals and it's sometimes a good thing that they do this type of testing. We can also prevent animal suffering and deaths by buying cruelty free products from companies that don't do testing on animals. Instead Americans could donate to charities that do support animal rights.

There are so many animals that die and suffer from testing and I think that we should change that and make animal testing ILLEGAL.

Maya

Work Cited

"Alternatives to Animal Testing." U.S National Library of Medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2016.

"Animal Testing & Cosmetics." Animal Testing & Cosmetics. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2016.

"Animal Experimentation | Science | The Guardian." The Guardian. Guardian News and Media, n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2016.

"People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals." PETA. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2016.

JH Lab School Letters

Ms. C's English Classes

The Lab School of Washington's 7th Grade English Classes