Ella c. Texas

Legalize Immigration

Immigration helps our nation in ways that nothing else can.

Dear future president of the United States,

Imagine a world where The American Dream was available to everyone. Where hard working people weren’t being kicked out of their homes. A world, when where you came from didn’t matter.Illegal immigrants everyday worry about their homes and families, and when their whole life will be taken away from them. They help our economy,they are our future, and they even pay taxes just like any other ordinary “american”, they benefit us in so many ways so there is no reason why they shouldn't be legal.

Immigrants are actually one of the major parts of our economy. If you look at it closely you will realize that immigrants are the people doing almost all of the jobs that provide necessities for us. “ Half of America’s agricultural workers are here illegally, according to the Department of Agriculture. But without them, the government says food would cost much more”(online athens). Immigrants are making our lives easier, while meanwhile we are trying to boot them out. All these people are asking for is work, but when you don't allow them it, you're punishing both them and our country.

We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for immigration. So why are we trying to demolish it? Immigrants are this country's foundation. “It may seem ironic, but the truth is, immigrants made America and will make it again in the future”(Truth is). Immigrants are already creating the future. Google, hotdogs, HDTV, where do think all those things came from? Did they just unusually pop up out of nowhere? No, all of those things and many more were made by immigrants. Immigrants are our future, we need them.

All you hear about these days, is how crummy immigrants are by “sneaking into our country” or “stealing our jobs”. First of all they aren't stealing our jobs, they are taking the back-breaking ones that we don't want. Second, they're are coming here to start fresh, they don't want to be crossing borders illegal but that's what they have to do in order to live “ the american dream”. Everyone always says how it’s “unfair immigrants are in our country without having to do anything”, but that is entirely untrue. Almost all immigrants pay their taxes just like everyone else. They aren't cheating their way out of things, in fact “ As Reason Foundation Senior Analyst Shikha Dalmia has reported, in 2006 an estimated 8 million illegal immigrants—up to two thirds of the total—paid taxes, including both income taxes and Medicare and Social Security taxes. Indeed, revenue from illegal immigrants is estimated at $11 billion a year to Social Security alone”(Ed-krayewski). All immigrants want, is to fit in, is that so wrong?

We all just want a place to call home. Why can't we give immigrants that? They benefit us in so many ways, there is no reason why they shouldn't be legal. They need a home and america should be standing with open arms. “We are a nation of immigrants. Successive waves of immigrants”(cato). So when our ancestors first came to america as immigrants and weren't kept out, why are they?

@onlineathens. "Stossel: 'America Should Say Yes to Immigration'" Online Athens. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Nov. 2016. ( Online athens)

"The Truth Is That We Need Immigrants." The Truth Is That We Need Immigrants. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Nov. 2016. (Truth is )

Ed-krayewski. "5 Reasons to Grant Amnesty to Illegal Immigrants." Reason.com. N.p., 07 Feb. 2013. Web. 04 Nov. 2016. ( Ed-krayewski)

@CatoInstitute. "Immigrants Have Enriched American Culture and Enhanced Our Influence in the World." Cato Institute. N.p., 18 Feb. 2002. Web. 04 Nov. 2016. (Cato)