Eddie Negron-Dubord Texas

Drug Abuse

Drugs are doing bad things to our society.

Dear Future President of the United States,

Imagine a world where everyone was allowed to do and sell drugs. Drugs are not good for our health because they can affect with our body and body system. Drugs can also make you want to do bad things to yourself. Finally, drugs are being abused to people so it’s not good to trust any stranger because they can be drug abusers. Drugs are terrible for everyone. They should be get rid of for all the bad things they are doing in our country and everywhere around.

Smoking can affect your body and body system. Smoking is really bad for people. People that grow up inhaling smoke and smoking will have black lungs as the grow up. This can also lead to lung cancer. “Doctors believe smoking causes lung cancer by damaging the cells that line the lungs. When you inhale cigarette smoke, which is full of cancer-causing substances (carcinogens), changes in the lung tissue begin almost immediately. At first your body may be able to repair this damage.”

Drugs can make us do terrible things without us even knowing. It’s like you are under a spell and can’t get out.. This can lead to drunk driving. Drunk driving is terrible for family members. Drugs can cause you to do things that you never imagined doing before. “Since the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) began recording alcohol-related statistics in 1982, the number of persons under 21, killed in drunk driving crashes decreased 79% from the record high of 5,215 in 1982 to 1,072 in 2013. These fatalities account for 11% of the drunk driving fatalities in the U.S.” (Drunk Driving Facilities) Drunk driving is terrible for family members. You should never drink before driving.

People around the country are abusing people to do drugs. They force them and get away with it most of the time. They probably get the drug abusing from people that have done it to them. “In 2013, an estimated 24.6 million Americans aged 12 or older—9.4 percent of the population—had used an illicit drug in the past month. This number is up from 8.3 percent in 2002. The increase mostly reflects a recent rise in use of marijuana, the most commonly used illicit drug.” (Drug Facts) Drugs should never be forced to people. Drugs should have never been existing.

Now imagine a world where there were no drugs. No drugs being abused. No drugs at all. That would mean it is a world where death percentages would lower from drugs. Drugs cause you body and body system to get damaged and stop working. Drugs also cause deaths and things that you would have never imagined. Finally drugs are being abused to people and the people are getting away with it. Drugs should be vanquished.

Drug AbuseSincerely,

Eddie A. Negron-Dubord

“DrugFacts:. N.p., June 2015. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

"Drunk Driving Fatalities." Responsibilityorg. N.p., 2014. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.