Micah M. Texas

About Obamacare

Obamacare provides Health insurance and Medicare to the ones who cannot afford it.

This letter was made by Micah Moon

Dear future Mr. President,

There have been many debates on how to solve poverty and help the ones in need. Imagine a government program that could fix that. There is and it’s called Obamacare. Established on March 23, 2010, and also known as the Affordable Acts, Obamacare provides affordable health insurance, plans offered in the marketplace, and help for the poverty rate.

Health insurance is a growing issue as well as medicaid. Both are what many Americans can’t afford, so Obamacare takes extra taxes more wealthy citizens and uses it to provide free insurance. In order to qualify, “Many Americans making under 400% of the federal poverty level (FPL) will qualify for cost assistance subsidies.”(Obamacarefacts) This has its goods and its bads. For the good news, health insurance rates will rise and poverty level will drop. Plus, “more than 16 million Americans obtained health insurance coverage within the first five years of the ACA”(Healthline.com), but on the other hand the government also taxes the people who are just barely above the qualifying level extra. It’s already hard enough to pay for the regular taxes for them.

The plans for the market place are what levels of expenses the insurance provided by Obamacare covers and what the customer has to pay. There are three levels of of plans: The Bronze plan, Silver, and Gold. The Bronze plan is the lowest cost plan available; “It has the lowest premiums and the lowest actuarial value. The actuarial value of a bronze plan is 60%. This means that 60% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 40% to be paid by you.” (Obamacare-guide) The Silver plan is the second lowest plan; “It has an actuarial value of 70%. This means that 70% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 30% to be paid by you.”(Obamacare-guide) The second most expensive plan is the Gold plan; “It has an actuarial value of 80%. This means that 80% of medical costs are paid for by the insurance company, leaving the other 20% to be paid by you.”

Another huge goal of Obamacare is to lower the poverty level in America. The poverty level currently is almost half the world, “over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day. More than 80 percent of the world's population lives in countries where income differentials are widening.” In order to do this, extra taxation over the wealthy citizens are required.

“Those making over $200,000 as an individual or $250,000 as a family), large businesses (those making over $250,000 and those with 50 or more full-time equivalents.)” These people are the ones who have to pay extra.

In conclusion, Obamacare provides for the people who can’t afford medicare or health insurance. Many say against it but does helping the needing sound bad to you?

"What Is ObamaCare | What Is the Affordable Care Act?" Obamacare Facts. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.”

@healthline. "The Pros and Cons of Obamacare." Healthline. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Lawton, Emily. "Will Obamacare Kill Jobs? Probably Not." Urban Institute. N.p., 12 May 2015. Web. 05 Nov. 2016.

By Using Our Easy, Two-step Process That Takes Only Two Minutes to Complete, You Can Compare Health Care Insurance Quotes from a Number of Major TX Medical Health Insurance Providers in Order to Select the Individual Health Insurance Plan That Suits You B. "It's Not Too Late to Get Affordable Health Care in Texas." Texas. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Nov. 2016.

"Poverty Facts and Stats." - Global Issues. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Nov. 2016.