Olivia V. Iowa

Adultery and Rape

Adultery and rape needs to stop

Dear Future President:

My name is Olivia Van Arkel. I go to Oskaloosa Christian School. I am 12 years old and I live in Oskaloosa, Iowa.

Adultery and rape is a very big issue that we need to stop. It is an issue because it is wrong and evil. No one wants to find out that their husband of wife has been living a secret life or find out that they have been raped. 63,000 children a year are victims of sexual abuse. 22% of men have committed adultery in their lifetime.

This issue is close to me because I had someone, who I liked a lot and looked up to then later I found out he was committing adultery. I am telling you about this because I don’t want anyone else's husband or wife to go through what his wife and family went through. I don’t know any one has been raped but I do know someone who thought she was going to get rapped. Thankfully that person didn’t. This issue is very real and we need to end it now.

You should care about this issue because we need to stop adultery and rape right away. It is becoming out of control. Thousands of people are getting hurt and scared of adultery and rape. It is very serious issue. Now I will tell you some ways to stop it.

Something you could do is if a person gets rapped then the rappest should go to jail for five years. I think that if you are committing adultery you should go to jail too. That is one way to stop it, another way is to tell them to stop but that hardly ever works. Whatever we do it does not matter we just need to end it. I will tell you how it ties into my faith in the next paragraph.

In Exodus 20:14 “it says you shall not commit adultery.” It is that simple it is one of the ten commandments, yet so many still do it. We need to obey that because it says it in the bible and we need to follow the bible it isn’t a suggestion it is a command. People who are not christians don’t get it but they should. It is not hard a all but people still do it.

The main idea is that adultery and rape is a huge issue. It is becoming out of control we have to stop it. So all I am asking is when you are president you need to do something about it thank you.

Olivia Van Arkel