Macy Iowa

Cyber Bullying

Cyber Bullying is ruining kids lives. Many people don't understand how harmful it actually is.

Cyber bullying has been an ongoing problem ever since technology was invented. We need to teach students, and anyone oblivious to this problem, the affects before it gets way out of hand. This type of bullying is worse than bullying face-to-face because through technology the bully can remain anonymous.

The world’s future is affected by this because this generation is affected by cyber bullying. It will only get worse if we don’t go to action. This kind of bullying can happen to people of all ages, but mostly children because they grew up with technology. I care about this because 40% of kids, according to the Do Something website, are or have been affected by this. These people could be anyone, me, my friends, or my family. It is happening to kids my age, maybe even my classmates.

This is a problem because cyberbullying causes psychological, emotional and physical stress to people of all ages, but mostly teens. Youth who are bullied are more likely to struggle personally and at school. They could miss, skip or drop out of school, receive poor grades, have lower self-esteem, and/or use alcohol and drugs. It can lead to thoughts of suicide or being violent in their future. All of this came from the Fund for Civility website.

Ways to fix this are not giving out passwords for your computer, cell phone or social media profiles. Don’t share anything personal with anyone that could potentially put it on the Internet. That includes pictures, secrets, or information on others that you may have. Save the bullying messages or postings as proof. Block the person doing the cyber bullying. Turn off your technology. Sometimes you need to take a break and step away from being engaged all the time. This information came from the No Bullying website. Schools could also have speakers come and talk to kids so they are aware that this is happening and how they can fix or avoid it.

Cyber bulling is an ongoing problem and it will affect the next generation if we don’t stop it soon. So many people are affected by this and it isn’t good for kids who need to focus on school. Some people are oblivious to the fact that this is a problem in this world and we need to inform them so that everyone knows what is going on and we can fix this problem.

Macy V

Do Something Website

Fund for Civility Website

No Bullying Website