Luke M. Iowa

War

War is bad

To the Future President,

My name is Luke. I live in Oskaloosa, Iowa. I’m an 8th grader at Oskaloosa Christian School. And I like sports. My favorite sport is football.

I am writing about war. This is an issue because too many people have died from war. 498,332 died just in the civil war. In WW2 405,399 people died. More than 1.1 million Americans have died in U.S. wars. And 116,516 people died in WW1.

This issue matters to me because war is a bad thing. I have had family members in wars. And my cousin is going to be in the air force soon. Too many people are dying. We should only go to war if we have to, so then people don’t die.

You, the future president, should care about this. This is the country you will be in charge of. Who's going to want to live in a country that always going to war? And if we’re fighting with other countries they’re not going to want to do business with us. And we need some things from other countries.

You can decide who we go to war against. And who we don’t attack. You also need to stop ISIS. They are bad, and need to be stopped. So please stop ISIS.

Hebrews 12: 14, Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. The Bible says we should be peaceful. With God our country will come together. Without Him it will fall apart. We need God in our country.

That is why I think we need less war in our world. And in our country needs less war. I also think we need to stop ISIS. We can be more peaceful towards people in our country. And other be more peaceful towards other countries.

Luke