Aivie New York

Our Lives Matter Too

Let’s be clear we did not say only black lives matter; social media said that. We know that all lives matter but right now we have to focus on the killings of black lives.

African Americans were getting treated differently from 1619 to today.  How do we stop the killings that the cops are doing? We did not say only black lives matter, but right now we are the ones getting killed. Blacks live are in danger, and we need your help.

A lot of African American lives today are getting taken by cops. Let’s be clear we did not say only black lives matter. Social media said that; we know that all lives matter but right now we have to focus on the killings of black lives. I think that the killings of black lives should stop because some unarmed people are getting killed.  In 2015 cops have killed more than 100 people. I saw with my own eyes , there was a cop who was beating a woman with a baby in her arms and a little girl on the left of her. He was beating her while walking on the crosswalk to the other side of the street. What I'm trying to say is that if white people do something it’s ok but if  black people do something, it’s a hate crime and we get sentenced to life in jail.

I, as a black person, hate to see my people get killed or hurt by cops or people that don’t want them in their neighborhood. Everyday I see videos or photos of black people getting killed by people or cops on social media. Nobody is doing anything about it, which is not good, but at the same time we don't want to get arrested or killed.

I really do hope that our next president stops these hate crimes and racism.

Aivie

https://www.wired.com/2015/10/how-black-lives-matter-uses-social-media-to-fight-the-power/

http://mappingpoliceviolence.org/unarmed/

Troy High School

Mr. Mo's Amazing English Students

Each of my students has a voice that needs to be heard. These are the minds and hearts that will help shape our country's future. All student writing, audio, video and artwork is 100% original and supported with in-depth research. Enjoy their incredible work.