Scott Minnesota

Discussion on the struggle veterans face when returning home

Dear Mr. Donald J Trump,

Veterans have sacrificed so much and have experienced so much that deserve a steady, relatively stress free life when returning home. They should not have to focus on or struggle with finding a job, a way to feed themselves and more. Many of them have fought for years protecting the freedom and rights of every american citizen back in the united states while they are overseas, risking their lives. A large portion of the homeless population consists of veterans. Veterans might have suffered severe injuries which could impact them in multiple ways, especially financially. They could have lost limbs or suffer from mental disorders such as PTSD. Unfortunately, this tends to scare off many employers from hiring the individual. This sad fact makes finding a job for veterans difficult and near impossible. This needs to change. Sometimes physical or traditional therapy is needed for some soldiers to recover from wounds, be it physical or mental. Therapy is a big expense which can cause bankruptcy or come close to it. As sad as it might be, some soldiers families turn against them in their time of need because they can’t deal with the burden of night terrors, PTSD or the physical strain that their disabilities might pose. These three factors contribute to the reason why the number of homeless soldiers is so high. Something needs to change to ensure this horrible tragedy does not continue. A program should be emplaced, funded by the government, in order to help veterans back on their feet and integrate them back into normal life. It is the least we can do for all they have done for us. Please Mr. President. Take this into consideration.

Prior Lake High School

American Government-PLHS

Mr. Hartman