Neylanie L. California

The Homeless

There is a lot of homeless people in the world. Can the next president help the homeless?

I am Neylanie from Watsonville California. I would like to inform you that there is a lot of poor people in the world not just in California but all over the U.S.. There is this person I know, Let’s just call this person BoBo. BoBo struggles to survive every day he does not have a place to sleep, he looks for food in garbage's, and walks all the time. People treat BoBo like an alien. I know this because In summer camp we went to the church room where we stayed and BoBo was just trying to throw something away and all of a sudden kids starting screaming, running, and some even started hiding. The counselors had to kick him out even though he was not doing anything. When we went to the park My sisters and I saw BoBo sleeping on the floor. I then saw some kids trying to wake him up they would scream “Aah BoBo” or “BoBo”. This made me very sad because he was just trying to sleep, he was tired from walking to the room and to the park. BoBo is not the only poor person in the world. If you care you would help with this issue. 

According to Feeding America. Almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day. More than 80 percent of the world's population lives in countries where income differentials are widening.  Some people struggle to survive they do not think they live, they barely live. Congressman Paul Ryan recently said that Republicans “don’t have a full-fledged” plan to fight poverty “because we need to do more listening to people who are in the trenches fighting poverty.”

I think we should help with this problem people all over the world are living on $2.50 a day. If I were you this would be one of my missions. I hope you make it yours. People get on the streets for not having a job,drugs,race,and even their gender. Please help the people in need. 

Thank you  - Neylanie♥