Ajeeth S. Bala California

College Prices Out of Reach

College prices go out of reach for many young adults. People can't go to college because they can't afford it. College is something everyone should go to. I think that prices should go down and this is how I think it can

Greetings and Salutations Mr. Trump

High College Prices

My name is Ajeeth Bala. I live in San Jose, CA. I am 12 years old and in 7th grade. In the U.S, college prices have gone up high and went out of reach for many young adults. College is something that all children should be able to go to in their future, and they should be able to afford it. If prices keep going up, less and less people will be able to afford it.The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) says,“In its most recent survey of college pricing, the College Board reports that a "moderate" college budget for an in-state public college for the 2015–2016 academic year averaged $24,061. A moderate budget at a private college averaged $47,831.” This is the price for people to pay for college in total. That includes tuition, fees, room and board, etc. According to CNN’s article in the money section, it says “The average total cost of tuition, fees, and room and board rose 10% over the past five years at public colleges and by 12% at private institutions, adjusted for inflation, according to The College Board's annual report”. Prices are still rising each year. What can we do about it?

Prices are rising, so we need something that can help people who can’t afford college afford college. My idea is if there is a way to lower prices for college. New York Times says that President Obama announced a set of ambitious proposals that aimed at making colleges more accountable and affordable by rating them and ultimately linking those ratings to financial aid. He was not able to accomplish that goal. Maybe you will be able to finish what he started. You can make a law and pass it to the judicial court and supreme court. This can and will help many people.

There might be another way to help people pay for college. You could make something like Obamacare. The difference is that this could be free or a cheap price that is less than $1,000. You could partner with college boards and unions. If you need help paying for it, you can raise prices and taxes for the rich. You can also put people on a loan so they can slowly pay you back when they get a job or a certain amount of money every year. This is another way to help people pay for college tuitions and other fees and costs.

I think that if you do at least one of these ideas, it would help a lot of people. College is a great experience for many young adults, and I think that many people should be able to attend college. We also need people to go to college so they can get jobs. If less people can get to go to college, less people will have jobs. Most jobs need people who go to college. If people don’t go to college, they won’t be qualified and won’t know how or what to do. If people can’t do their jobs right, we would not be able to get the things we need. Then no one will get any money and the economy will fail. I chose to write about college tuition prices and how they are rising because my brother went to college two years ago. It got me thinking about what college I want to go to. College is something I want to be able to go to because it affects my future. I think about what college and when I saw this topic, I thought about how prices are rising and I might not go to the college I want because it might be too expensive and I can't afford it.

Ajeeth Bala

Last Name, First. “Name of Cited Article”. Name of Article’s Source. City of publication: Name of publisher, date of publication. Web/Print. Date of Access (if web).

Next entry here.

National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) - written and on COLLEGEdata

CNN Money - source is BATS and Morningstar - wrote by Heather Long at May 20, 2016: 12:00 PM ET

CNBC - John W. Schoen wrote this - source Global Business and Financial News, Stock Quotes, and Market Data and Analysis

Lobo School of Innovation

LSI World Arts

Got thoughts?