Chloe S. California

Animal Rights

Thousand of animals face extinction everyday and it is our job to protect these vital creatures.

During your presidency, you will have many issues to address in regards to the people of our country. However, my concern is what you will do about the quickly growing problem of animal rights. What is your plan to help all of the animals that face extinction due to the destruction of their environments? Animals have played a major role in history and without them the world would not be the same today. It is our responsibility to protect these vital creatures in order to maintain a balanced ecosystem.

Christine Dell’Amore of National Geographic states, “20,000 species are near extinction.” This is due to the loss of habitats and lack of care from people around the nation. While the government focuses on making our lives more efficient and successful, they are not giving enough consideration to the consequences of a destroying wildlife. According to the Center for Biological Diversity, “99 percent of currently threatened species are at risk from human activities.” This means that our population is destroying not only the lives of animals, but in return causing our own destruction. Pollution from cars, oil and gas production, and many other developing industries are the leading causes in the destruction of environments, resulting in the loss of habitats for animals.

This is a major issue that people face everyday, but not everyone realizes how bad it is. I deal with animals consistently and it is important to me that as a country we protect these amazing creatures. In my opinion, there should be more government involvement in this problem, more education about extinction and animal cruelty, and more people taking a stand for those who can’t speak for themselves. There are many organizations that work towards saving species, with wildlife reserves and educational websites. However, this is not enough because there are still thousands of species that are threatened with extinction every year. So do your job to help bring attention and take action to stop the loss of our animals and environment that makes up this beautiful country.

Chloe Staiano

Newbury Park High School

English 11IB period 2B

High school English IB course