naomi may

A Smarter Future

We, students of the U.S, are the future. We will decide what to do with this country. We are going to maintain America. In order to do so we must be trained now, and become educated in the fields we want to go into. However, there is a problem and that is that the education we need is too expensive.

Dear Mr./Mrs. President, 

Congratulations on becoming the President of what we Americans like to think of as the best country in the world. I am sure that you have gotten to this position through hard work, responsibility, and determination.

You were once my age, 15 years old. I have my whole life ahead of me. I know that as I grow new possibilities will open up to me, but as of now I have my mind set on becoming an Obstetrician Gynecologist. As you know, anything in the medical field, and most professions, takes a lot of schooling. Most families have a very rough time supporting their children with their dreams and sending them off to college. Yes, some families can afford to send their children to school, college, graduate school and whatever comes next, but you cannot deny the expense that will be going towards education. Student loans help, but only temporarily, eventually students are drowning in their loans that they are still taking out while trying to pay them back.

A solution for this is to stop raising the price of college, and even cut back the cost. Schooling is constantly getting more expensive, it may be because the schools need more funding, but it doesn't change the fact that in some cases the cost will stop some people from following their dreams. If a school needs more funding, maybe there's a possibility that some sort of fundraiser can be established. I'm sure donations will be donated if the fundraisers are legitimate.

We are the future of our country, we are what determines what happens to America. We are going to be the ones in charge one day, and being in charge of a whole country takes many educated people with various professions. As President you want what is best for the country now and for the future. I know that you want my generation to strive, but that can only happen with schooling, and schooling must be made a more reasonable cost.

Thank you for your time.                                                                                                                                           Make America proud.

Kosloff Torah Academy

US History 10 AC

Letters from our 10th grade history class on their important issues.