Juana

Stop Animal Abuse. NOW.

Our nation has a serious problem, and it needs your help. Address animal abuse.

Dear Mr. President

You as the president of the United States can stop animal abuse. Animal abuse is when a pet owner or someone who doesn’t care for their pets and don’t feed them. According to rescueink.org Every year 3 to 4 million cats and dogs are euthanized in shelters, also 10,000 dogs die each year.

3 years ago when i was 10 i once witnessed how one of my neighbors had kittens and they used to not take care of them because they would cry every single day or any other day they would leave them in a cage outside their house and one day they got reported and had to take the kittens to a shelter. Sometimes i would see on the news how animals were being mistreated at circuses, houses, pet shops, or any other place the majority of people will abandon their pets in some random place sometimes instead of taking them to an animal shelter.

I think you as the president should stop animal abuse because it’s not fair for persons to mistreat their pets because if they were the animals they would like to be treated right. In the united states 7.6 million dogs are rescued of animal abuse each year in the united states most people have pets and half of them don’t abuse them, but some of the other half do abuse their pets.

I think that persons should buy animals if they are going to care about them and clean them and also feed them when they need to be fed, i don’t think they should by themselves a pet if they are not going to take care of them, when someone is abusing their pets they should just sell them or take them to an animal shelter because if they keep abusing their pets a person nearby might hear or witness them abusing their pets they will be accused of animal abuse and will be sent to jail for years.

Finally i think that you should create a law that if you want to buy or adopt or buy a pet you have to sign papers of them agreeing they won’t abuse them.