Jared D. California

College Tuitions

College tuition is high and needs to get lower because some students who need a college education can't afford it.

College tuitions have been one of the biggest problems for students who want to exceed to college. Most parents of students who want to go to college don’t have the money. Students from all over the world are struggling to get into a college. Most students go to community colleges because that’s all they can afford. Parents are working hard to get money for their children to get a college education. The only possible way for this to stop happening is if you “Future President” decide to make a change.

The average cost of tuition and fees for the 2015-2016 school year was $32,405 at private colleges, $9,410 for state residents at public colleges, and $23,893 for out of state residents attending public universities. We both know that these tuitions are really high. And you know that most people who make the average salary won’t be able to afford this right? So let me ask you this Future President of the United States, are you going to lower college tuitions for our students who want a college education? Or are you going to ignore it and leave students and families hopeless?

College education should not cost you hundreds or thousands. Just because the United States has higher education doesn’t mean it should cost you a lot of money. College tuition in the United States is the privately born cost of higher education collected by educational institutions in the United States, excluding the portion that is paid through taxes or from other government funds as supply side subsidies to college and universities, or demand side subsidies to students, or that is paid from university endowment funds or gifts through scholarship or grants.                                                                      

Santa Clara High School

Flowers ERWC Period 6

This group is for seniors in Ms. Flowers 6th period ERWC class.