Aidan G. California

Immigration

It is known by so many people, that immigrants are mistreated in many ways, this includes basic insults, underpayment, and cruel outdated punishments. I am proposing that you revise the outdated policies and be rid of them as well as give equal pay and treatment to immigrants.

Dear, Mr. President

I am Aidan Gangitano from San Jose, CA, immigrants are frequently mistreated and underpaid, so I decided to write this letter in regard to the often overlooked matter, immigrants and their treatment. This subject will be a substantial issue in the upcoming presidency.

According to www.immigration-policy.org immigrants make up around 13% of America’s population, and they have made huge impacts on our growth and everyday lives. As www.renewoureconomy.org and www.ipwatchdog.com stated, everyday things we “Americans” take for granted, from your denim jeans to your cellphone, were invented by immigrants. Just because someone is an immigrant, it doesn’t mean that they’re not as smart, as capable, or as qualified as the rest of us. As www.biography.com showed, people like Albert Einstein, Jackie Chan, John Muir, and other immigrants have proven themselves to be magnificent people.

Why am I bringing up all the great things that immigrants have done for us? Because, there are so many outdated and unfair policies opposing immigrants. The government would oppose any thoughts that include the equality of these unfortunate souls, wholly because they’re not natives. According to www.hrw.org, www.us-immigration.com, and many other sources, there are numerous ancient and biased policies targeting immigrants, which includes separating them from their families, deporting them, and underpaying them. For example, www.kean.edu representing Kean University, has stated, “They pay an American $15 per hour for those jobs and they pay an immigrant $8 per hour” (Daily Record).” The New York Times has dug deeper, and found that 68% of immigrants receive that despicable pay.

Let’s take a moment to remember that America, from its roots, is a free country. Why should we target the ones who we owe our diversity and everyday things to? I do understand that immigrants that are not eligible, are taking native jobs, and are retarding our economy. However, “Contrary to popular belief, immigrants do not take away jobs from American workers. Instead, they create new jobs by forming new businesses, spending their income on American goods and services, paying taxes and raising the productivity of US business.” - www.kean.edu. I do agree with strengthening border security to block out immigrants who sell drugs, weapons, etc. But to make myself and my community clear, we do not believe, at any level, that we should assume all immigrants are stupid, incompetent, unworthy, and then pay them inadequately while threatening them with unfair policies.

I hope that you regard my letter Hillary Clinton, and reconsider some of the unreasonable policies and actions against immigrants . Don’t let your community suffer from unfair pay and treatment by being a bystander. Please, re-embrace America, the free country, and brighten the future of our country’s next generation of immigrants and natives.In other words don’t let America be a place to remeber as cruel and evil.

Warm Regards,

Aidan Gangitano 

Lobo School of Innovation

LSI World Arts

Got thoughts?