James P. New York

Terrorism in the U.S

Please stop sending soldiers to war. This is leading to more war and people are civilians are being hurt.According to the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, 2,902 deaths have occurred because of 9/11 and 59 other people have died during shootings on American soil.This shows that we have dead people because of terrorist attacks.ISIS has also killed a person named James Foley, a photographer that died when ISIS executed him by chopping off his head and he died

Terrorism is a very big problem in the United States. The number of terrorist attacks has been growing since 2005. According to the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, there were 3003 total fatalities in 2001 and the number has been increasing. Although major attacks have not happened recently, there could be another major attack in our near future.The information that I have gathered tells me that cases of terrorism has been going up since 2004 and has went down a little and then kept going up. Also, 2,902 deaths have occurred because of 9/11 and 59 other people have died during shootings on American soil.

The Department of Homeland Security, has made a Homeland Security Enterprise, prevented terrorist travel, improved passenger screening, strengthened surface transportation, strengthened global supply chain security,and detected nuclear, biological, and radiological and have protected us from it. War in other countries leads to terrorists not wanting us to bother them so they launch something at us. This information tells me that we can try to protect the country to the best of our ability without using other people’s lives by sending them to war.

In the war of the Syrian Crisis, 164 tanks have been destroyed, 388 HMMWvs, 2050 staging areas, 7,948 buildings, 8,638 fighting positions, 2,638 oil infrastructures, and 10,074 other targets have been destroyed since Sept. 26 2016, and that makes a total of 31,900 pieces of U.S property that have been destroyed. During October 27,2016, we launched 9 airstrikes against ISIS terrorists. All we are doing is wasting money and hurting others. ISIS has also killed a person named James Foley, a photographer that died when ISIS executed him by chopping off his head and he died. Do you really want that to happen to any American man or woman?That’s what you are doing by sending troops away. Keep our troops at home.

Respectfully,

James Pan

NYC Lab Middle School

NYC Lab Middle School

Lab students have been painfully subjected to three debates where they searched for policy talk. Four and a half hours later.. Now, our students will have the chance to speak about an issue of importance and possibly make a recommendation for improvement.