Joseph M. New York

Terrorism and how to stop it

opinions on terrorism from a 16 year old

Dear President:

Hello future president of the united states! My name is name is Joseph Materia, I write to you today to express my opinions on Terrorism and how it should be stopped.I feel so strongly on this issue because millions of people of all races,religions and ethnicity are affected by Terrorism’s terrible grip on the world.

One particular Terrorist group I would like to point out is ISIS due to how prolific been throughout the world these last few years. The Islamic state of Iraq and Syria has been spreading their extremist ideology and violence throughout Iraq and Syria be-headings and public executions.ISIS has been gaining more power over the years due to the under equipped and trained Iraqi military and gaining control of the oil fields gaining them extreme wealth and power throughout Iraq and Syria.  

Many people under occupation of ISIS in Iraq and Syria are mistreated and abused by the wrath of the militant’s regime.Along the people being mistreated they also lose their personal rights such as freedom of speech and the right of choice of how their government is run under the group’s perverted view of Islam. If ISIS gains complete control of Iraq or Syria they will control millions of innocent people who wish to end violence in their country just as much as we do.

To solve this growing issue we need to take this threat seriously and personally,our country along with our true allies such as the United Kingdom and Israel should root out all key members of ISIS such as leaders and commanders by utilizing ground troops effectively throughout Iraq and Syria. After regaining control of Iraq and Syria, we along with our allies should have a long term plan of rehabilitating and maintaining governmental control of the countries.And when we feel that Iraq and Syria are capable of maintaining their governments and are able to protect themselves from future threats we pull out and allow them to be independent.

I sincerely thank you for taking the time of reading my letter as well of your courageous support of maintaining the position of President of the United States and I hope you possibly gain a few ideas and plans from my opinions on Terrorism.

Joseph Materia

Sanford H. Calhoun H.S.

Ms. Finneran's U.S. History Class

Although the news on all the problems in the country can be depressing these days, the ideas of the students in my first period U.S. History class fill me with hope and optimism every morning. I love starting my day with them! They are a group of young people with passionate ideas and concern about the future. I am excited that they have this platform to share their ideas with you and hopefully our next president!