Tommy Minnesota

Letter to Next President

More Jobs need to be created for the unemployed.

Dear Next President:

According to Trading Economics 4.9% percent of Americans are unemployed. The state with the highest unemployment rate is Alaska at 6.8%. People are jobless, out on the street looking for ways to get money. Jobs need to be created for these people so they can get better clothes to wear and food to eat.

In St. Paul minnesota there so many people on street corners begging or begging for work. The Dorothy Day Center by Assumption church is packed with homeless people and it’s very crowded. Creating jobs would make it less crowded and the Dorothy Day Center would be super busy.

Trading Economics illustrates that “among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men (4.5 percent), adult women (4.5 percent), teenagers (15.7 percent), Whites (4.4 percent), Blacks (8.1 percent), Asians (4.2 percent), and Hispanics (5.6 percent) showed little change in August. Last year the unemployment rate was 5%. The state’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate increased from 4.7 percent in July to 4.8 percent in August. Overall, from August 2015 to August 2016, the state’s private sector job count increased by 120,400, according to the New York State Labor Department. More than 20 percent of the U.S. population is receives public assistance”. Jobs need to be created so that people can provide for their families at home. If jobs get created the government doesn’t have to spend as much for the people on welfare. Poughkeepsie Journal claims that the top jobs in demand are carpenters, child care workers, construction laborers, automotive service technicians, registered nurses, nursing assistants, dental assistants, plumbers and electricians.

Some homeless people at food shelters are able physical able to work, by getting them jobs they could afford food and warm clothes and it would get more people off the streets. The more people that are unemployed and go on welfare will decrease working americans income because the government will need more money to provide for them and there needs.

Next president if you could create jobs for the unemployed by having them fill out a form to see what they are able to do, More people could get off the welfare system and by doing that it would put more money back in hard working americans pockets.

Tommy Cooper

Henry Sibley High School

Starkson

Ms. Starkson's American Lit class, hours 6 & 7