Cade M. Texas

Technology In Schools

Students need technology in their school to be ready for the real world.

By: Cade McDonald

Dear future President of the United States,

Imagine a world where all schools had the latest technology for teaching and learning. Imagine a place where all students had the best tools for learning. Imagine a school that used the technology that is used at the adult level. The next president should fund all schools so they can purchase the latest technology and equipment so that students can participate more in class, be ready for the real world, and make money later on if exposed to technology early.

Most of the time students often dread to go to school for numerous hours. Most schools just need a pencil and some paper to do work, but after a while that gets very boring. Many student just refuse to do the work because they just don't feel the need to. 0I think and many others believe that schools need to use technology such as computers, tablets, and mobile phones. With these handy gadgets students will want to participate more and perform better. “Integrating technology in education everyday helps students stay engaged. Today’s students love technology so they are sure to be interested in learning if they can use the tools they love. With technology, the classroom is a happier place. Students are excited about being able to use technology and therefore are more apt to learn.” (SecuredgeNetworks) With technology in the classroom students will participate more and get more out of the years they are in school.

Most jobs in this generation use technology on a day to day basis. Many people are just now learning how to use the newest computers and phones, because when they were in school they didn’t have such technology. Therefor having all of the technological devices to do schoolwork would give the student a high advantage when applying for a job. The world these days is surrounded by technology so why not get a head start on how to use it? “Technology helps the teachers prepare students for the real world environment. As our nation becomes increasingly more technology-dependent, it becomes even more necessary that to be successful citizens, students must learn to be tech-savvy. (SecuredgeNetworks) Our world is becoming more and more technological dependant as people keep on creating new objects. With the head start to knowing about technology people will be smarter and already know how to work with internet/ technology.

With being exposed to technology at an early age the student will now how to work with technology allowing he/she to have a higher paying job. Some of the highest paid people have made all of their money by using or creating a new technological goods. For example Bill Gates is a man who created the software Windows. Windows is a software that is in most computers. Bill is the richest person in the U.S. because of his great invention. So learning and using a lot about technology as a young person can help give you an advantage at looking for a well paying job. “ If used correctly, will help prepare students for their future careers, which will inevitably include the use of wireless technology.”(SecuredgeNetworks) Having knowledge about technology is one way to help get a good paying job.

In conclusion, i believe that all schools should have technology so that students can participate more, be ready for the real world, and find a good job using technology. “According to a study by It Trade Association CompTIA just released this month, around 75 percent of educators think that technology has a positive impact in the education process. Educators also recognize the importance of developing these technological skills in students so they will be prepared to enter the workforce once they complete their schooling.” (Teach Hub) Technology is a key component for the young children of this generation because our world is becoming more technology dependant. Why not give the children technology so that they will be more advanced in school and even when grown up working.

Networks, Secure Edge, and Ashley Wainwright. "10 Reasons Today's Students NEED Technology in the Classroom." 10 Reasons Today's Students NEED Technology in the Classroom. N.p., 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Teachers, By Teachers For, and Janelle Cox. "Benefits of Technology in the Classroom." TeachHUB. N.p., 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.