Rino N. Oregon

Obesity

Obesity is a big problem in America. Obesity begins with children, so president should change this problem.

Hi, I’m Rino. I’m an exchange student from Japan. Let’s get down to the main business immediately, if you don’t mind.

What do I think about America? Actually, almost all Japanese people think American people are obese. When I came to America, I was surprised about American obesity. I will talk about obesity in America as a person from another country.

Now, obesity is a big issue in America. Why? I think obesity may begin with children. The number of obese children is increasing these days. A survey that conducted by an Asahi newspaper showed one child in three children is an obese child. Why are there so many obese children? I think there are three reasons. First, they often eat junk food in the school or home, so they live an unbalanced diet. For example, American student often eat junk food during lunch time. Second, American portions are very large in size, therefore they eat too much. For example,there are many staff of big size in American store. Last, there are many low income households in America, which makes it difficult for them to improve their diet.

I think the president should make a law that all schools need more exercise programs and healthier food choices. For example, in Japan, all students have to take P.E class. During lunch time, we can eat a balanced diet. Because registered dietitian thinks our school lunch menu every day. lf you don’t address this problem, then they will become more obese and American people will face death sooner.

I love America, and I’m happy to be here. I hope America will get well.

Thank you for reading.