William X. California

Obesity-Problem

Obesity

Dear Future President,                                                                                                                                                         Today two-thirds of adults and one-third of kids are obese. Obesity is a major problem to deal with. Obesity is a disorder involving excess body fat which leads to diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Coronary Artery Disease, Coronary Vascular Disease, Heart attack, stroke, and even cancer. Its a major problem throughout the united states that must be solved.

Obesity affects many people in the U.S. and is the second leading cause to deaths in America. Obesity causes major health problems such as diabetes and cancer. It affects many adults and children. Obesity leads to diabetes. Diabetes is a group of diseases that results in too much blood sugar. Obesity can also cause high blood pressure which leads to heart disease and stroke. It also can lead to cancer, a major disease where cells split and destroys tissue that is incurable. Obesity can lead to many health problems. 

A solution to this obesity epidemic is healthier food offered at work areas and schools. fresh fruit stands could be available at work rather than vending machines that provide unhealthy and empty calorie snacks. At school, kids can be taught about nutrition and have healthier meal choices offered. This would reduce the number of unhealthy foods being consumed which helps decrease the rates of obesity.

Overall, Obesity is a major problem. It must be looked into and solved. Solving obesity can make america a healthier, better country. So future president, will you take action now or let the problem become more and more serious by the moment.

Peterson Middle School

8th Grade ELA

Middle School students from 8th Grade English