R. Matthew Utah

Homeland Security

Homeland Security is becoming a more significant threat day after day, and I am wondering what you will do to prevent it.

Dear next president,

First off, I would like to congratulate you on being elected as our commander in chief and I’m sure you will do everything in your power to do what is right for our nation and for the people of our nation. To help you out with this, I would like to express my opinion on some specific matters.

One of the biggest issues for me, and I’m sure for many other Americans, is homeland security, especially at a time like this. This is a very important issue for me because my mother had friends that were on the planes that flew into the twin towers and I was living in Washington D.C. when a plane flew into the Pentagon; so these acts of terrorism on American soil has greatly affected myself and my loved ones. With terrorism on the rise, amongst many other threats to society, I am continuously concerned for the safety of myself and those around me. I was hoping, that as President of the United States, one of your top priorities will be the safety of the people and that you will take the measures needed to ensure the security and protection of this nation.

With that said, I don’t mean this in a way that you would take certain freedoms and opportunities away from specific individuals, I want everybody treated the same, but I also want everybody treated in a way to make sure that they will not threaten the wellbeing of our country.

Along with my homeland security concern, it would obviously include the problems facing immigration. I am not against immigrants, but I do believe they should enter this country in a legal matter, and if for some reason they are denied entry to our country, then it would be for a reason not to hurt them, but for the protection of our people, which I support, and I hope you would too. If there is some sort of red flag with letting them in, then I don't think they should be allowed to enter. This process would include upping border security, maybe not with a wall, but we should take other measures.

With that said, I thank you for your work and efforts you have put in to make our country an amazing, safe, and opportunity filled place. I wish the best in your future endeavors and hope you will take this letter into account.

Respectfully,

R. Matthew